Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Latest Unicycling News! > News and Announcements > Submit Unicycling News!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-03-03, 05:39 PM   #1
DancesOnH2O
David... Water and Wheel Dancer

Urban Night Riding in LA - LA Marathon Crash Ride II

In 2009, after 14 years running the Los Angeles Bike Tour on the LA Marathon course, race organizers discontinued the Bike Tour.

The following year, Wolfpack Hustle informally organized the "LA Marathon Crash Race", which resulted in HUNDREDS of riders bombing the course in the wee hours of the morning.

This is year two of the event. I've hooked up with these guys, and they would LOVE to see 36'er unicyclists participate. I'll be there at 3am on the March 20th (they roll at 4am)! Join me for a great ride. I'm told that the slowest 2-wheeled riders hit the finish line at about 2 hours, so we shouldn't miss a thing at the finish line! Speaking of finish lines, I want to lobby for a unicycle division (they do awards at the end), but let's see how many of us are going first.

Course is Sunset and Fountain to Santa Monica Pier. Be sure to bring lights and personal safety gear. PM me for my phone number if you plan to come, we can talk about start/finish transportation (it's a 1-way ride).

LA MARATHON CRASH RACE II

MAP OF FULL COURSE
(There is a pretty gnarly downhill at Sunset and Doheny, you decide if you want to bolt your brakes on)

Oh, and IMPORTANTLY... the starting point is only 19 miles from the Santa Monica Pier! They start in Los Feliz and end at the Pier.

CLICK HERE for an accurate map of the ride turn-by-turn.

Hope to see you all there!

-David Howard

Last edited by DancesOnH2O; 2011-03-03 at 05:40 PM.
DancesOnH2O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, los angeles, marathon, night, race, ride, riding, urban