Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 640 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2019-01-11, 10:54 AM   #10666
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruari View Post
[*]Fluorescent jacket and gloves
Hei Ruari,

What are those gloves you are wearing? They look quite fancy. I currently wear those thin KH gloves with soft protection, but even though the give some protection they are not at all warm. Do yours also have wrist beskyttelse?
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 11:18 AM   #10667
ruari
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
Hei Ruari,

What are those gloves you are wearing? They look quite fancy. I currently wear those thin KH gloves with soft protection, but even though the give some protection they are not at all warm. Do yours also have wrist beskyttelse?
No, they contain no protection. They are just winter cycling gloves that I picked up from a local chain of sports stores (XXL for any Norwegians here).

There are two nice things with them. First of all they are fluorescent, which is great for signalling. Secondly they are half way between gloves and mittens. Anyone who has used mittens and gloves in the winter will know that the former are usually much warmer (since your fingers are together) but of course gloves are easier to work with on a bike because you can brake or changing gears while holding the handlebars with your other fingers. So the solution here is that your first two fingers are together, then there is a separation and your next two are together. Of course this means that you look like you are either an alien or a member of the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”.

All that said, whilst it is a good idea, they are not as warm as they could be. They simply do not contain enough insulation. So, good plan… poor execution. However, it is really mild here at the moment and I get far warmer when I unicycle (compared to bicycling), so they were more than adequate for my needs today. In fact if anything my hands were way too hot.

Last edited by ruari; 2019-01-11 at 11:20 AM.
ruari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 05:22 PM   #10668
fetzenschorsch
Peace on Earth Unicycle Club

Pearl Izumi Lobster Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruari View Post
No, they contain no protection. They are just winter cycling gloves that I picked up from a local chain of sports stores (XXL for any Norwegians here). All that said, whilst it is a good idea, they are not as warm as they could be. They simply do not contain enough insulation. So, good plan… poor execution. However, it is really mild here at the moment and I get far warmer when I unicycle (compared to bicycling), so they were more than adequate for my needs today. In fact if anything my hands were way too hot.
Hello Ruari, I have a pair of Pearl Izumi Lobster Gloves, made according to your gloves with the two finger pockets. And I love them as Winter Gloves (for riding my fatbike). Although the winter is not that cold in our part of Germany, they are quite warm, 0 - 3 degrees Celsius , they are sweaty.
And I guess they are very comfortable until -5 degrees and OK until -10 degrees.
Regards Georg
Attached Images

Old 2019-01-13, 08:24 PM   #10669
joe
The Social Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to joe
Belated photo, but this was a group ride I organised back in November at Hamsterley Forest.

Most of the riders are members of JUST, which I used to attend regularly until a few years ago (due to other commitments), so it really good to catch up with them and have a great MUni ride!

More pics @unijoe on Instagram

Keep the photos coming, I love seeing them all, but I must post more myself!
Attached Images

joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 03:09 AM   #10670
JimT
Unicyclist

My first ride up and down Summerset Hill. A couple miles from home, about 1/2 mile long with a maximum grade of 12%. I had to stop and rest on the way up but zipped right down with a hot brake at the bottom.

Jim
JimT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
сосиска, bright-nights, forest-park, latest, mumpitz, pictures, ride, unicycle