Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2019-09-09, 06:06 PM   #1186
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
Aren't unicycle tires fatter than normal bike-tires? So far I've just fixed the flat tubes myself and if I really need a new tube, I'd order one of Unicycle.com.
Just get a bike tube.. They'll usually have something the right size and width (aside from 36" obviously).

Not today, but I recently finally fixed my 19" (had a slow leak), and relearned 180-backflips. They still feel exactly as weird as they did before.
Old 2019-09-09, 08:12 PM   #1187
aj1500
Unicyclist

I went ahead and got one from UDC today as I also ordered the 127 cranks to put on it. the only difference I noticed going from 150 to 140 was my average speed increased, didn't really feel different as far as peddling so I'm going to 127 now. I'll put the 140's on my 24
aj1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-11, 06:37 AM   #1188
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1500 View Post
I went ahead and got one from UDC today as I also ordered the 127 cranks to put on it. the only difference I noticed going from 150 to 140 was my average speed increased, didn't really feel different as far as peddling so I'm going to 127 now. I'll put the 140's on my 24
The difference between 127 and 140s is that I can mount with 140s as easily as 150, but 127 gets quite hard I think. With the 140s I do also feel that climbing is harder.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 05:39 PM   #1189
aj1500
Unicyclist

I rode 6 miles on my new 32" before dismounting, a new best for me

Last edited by aj1500; 2020-01-03 at 05:40 PM.
Old 2020-01-07, 10:18 AM   #1190
lightbulbjim
Unicyclist

Small victory: today I finally managed to transition from hopping to riding. Now to figure it out on my non-dominant foot!

2020 is the year of basic skills for me .
Old 2020-01-07, 04:26 PM   #1191
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7BasZUC..._web_copy_link
Did a jump, that I had been looking at for a while, this weekend. Turns out it has been recently made easier (shorter) by the local trail diggers, so it was much smoother than expected. (Where I landed in the video would have previously been before the landing, or maybe just on the edge.) I'm starting to learn how to just roll off flat takeoffs like this, instead of needing to jump.

We got a pretty big group together, I hope that trend will continue for this year.
Old 2020-01-07, 04:31 PM   #1192
WeaponizedBacon
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnspin View Post
Did a jump, that I had been looking at for a while, this weekend. Turns out it has been recently made easier (shorter) by the local trail diggers, so it was much smoother than expected. (Where I landed in the video would have previously been before the landing, or maybe just on the edge.) I'm starting to learn how to just roll off flat takeoffs like this, instead of needing to jump.

We got a pretty big group together, I hope that trend will continue for this year.
Very nice!
Old 2020-01-08, 02:47 AM   #1193
BHChieftain
Unicyclist

Was able to finally ride as far as I could without falling off. Unfortunately that was only about 200' before i felt like I was going to pass out... my efficiency needs major work...

Chief
(Total uni time: ~15hours across 20 days)
BHChieftain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-13, 03:34 AM   #1194
elpuebloUNIdo
Viva la revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
my efficiency needs major work...
Funny, I'm having the same lack-of-efficiency issue...and maxing-out around the same distance...with my wheel walking. I mount directly into the wheel walk. The mount seems to take more energy than what follows, so I need to find a way to turn down the intensity of my struggle right after mounting. I focus on breathing and trying to ride more slowly.
elpuebloUNIdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-13, 02:52 PM   #1195
pierrox
Unicyclist

Quote:

Very smooth landing! Love the little sliding as if nothing had happened, great control!
pierrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-13, 10:35 PM   #1196
Tinkerbeau
Unicyclist

Quote:

Didn’t know Lüneburg was that hilly.
Apart from that, I would love to have even a small group but unfortunately we are spread wide up here.
Tinkerbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 03:04 PM   #1197
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Didn’t know Lüneburg was that hilly.
It's Berlin, I should update my location (although Lüneburg does have a few decent trails too, not much elevation change though). Berlins highest "hill" is Teufelsberg, which is essentially a big pile of rubble from buildings bombed in WW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Apart from that, I would love to have even a small group but unfortunately we are spread wide up here.
That's unfortunate, while I love riding alone sometimes, riding in groups is a lot of fun.

Quote:
Very smooth landing! Love the little sliding as if nothing had happened, great control!
Thanks! That was the best one though, the others were quite a bit rougher. I find that sliding forward really isn't an issue, sliding sideways is when it does get hard..
Old 2020-01-14, 05:43 PM   #1198
aj1500
Unicyclist

Wow do I feel good right now, I have been working on hopping, I use my 24 for that. so just now during my lunch break I successfully rode, stopped, hopped and made a 360 while hopping and then started back riding 3 times out of 5 tries. I also made 1 stall, idled back and forth 2 times and rode out of it. man I love it when things come together
Old 2020-01-14, 08:31 PM   #1199
Gockie
OMG I rode a 5 foot giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1500 View Post
Wow do I feel good right now, I have been working on hopping, I use my 24 for that. so just now during my lunch break I successfully rode, stopped, hopped and made a 360 while hopping and then started back riding 3 times out of 5 tries. I also made 1 stall, idled back and forth 2 times and rode out of it. man I love it when things come together
This is the sort of skill I'm aiming for now. Plus increased muni skills. So well done 👍
Old 2020-01-19, 10:11 PM   #1200
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

I have a pretty simple brag for today.... Today I went for a Muni ride.

It meant a lot to me. I haven't been for a real ride in about 6 years. Recently I have been getting in shape, I lost 35lbs, I've been eating vegan and cooking all my own food (something new for me) I've been social and active and expressive and I have a lot of big goals this year that I'm confident I can achieve.

One thing I really wanted to do was get back into Muni. But it had been so long that I wasn't sure if I would still enjoy it. Today proved I'm on the right path, as even though my legs are in horrible shape for riding, and I'm dead tired, I actually rode a lot of intense terrain that I wouldn't have even attempted back when I was riding more consistently. Which I attribute to my recent boost in confidence but also I just noticed how much more nimble and capable I was without carrying all that extra weight. It really was amazing.

That's all! Oh and all my new gear fit me and was amazing and I can't wait for my new shorts because these were so huge and terribly uncomfortable haha. I definitely will be picking up a new KH29 soon, super excited for that. Might even throw it on a credit card, it's worth it for the happiness right?
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brag, landed, thread, today, tricks, version 2